Thursday, January 26, 2006

Intersections

"I'm not ready to believe that God would will suffering," I said, and we talked about how she knows everything happens for a reason and I'm certain nothing has to happen for a reason and the meaning of both our quests for Heaven looked guant with hunger.
What I didn't realize was that when she took part of me and I took part of her we revealed a small part of the truth that will bring forth the Kingdom we both dream of.
"I'm scared I don't know how to help you," I said, and we talked about what it means to believe in something you don't understand and we searched for rationality in human actions and our explanations shattered when faced with our need to explain.
What I didn't realize was that though his tears were real when I only wished I had the capacity to cry, he felt our human connection and as my burdens became his burdens and his burdens became mine we stumbled upon more beauty than any philosopher could reason into existence.
"I'm straddling a dichotomy between faith and reason," I said, and we talked about how much atrocity faith has caused and how much reason has destructed and goodness seemed to fade into the oblivion of an absurd world.
What I didn't realize was that faith and reason intersect at love, and such an absurdity is all that holds the universe together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home